Business Continuity Consulting
Businesses these days want uninterrupted access to data and applications so as to realize their objectives. However understanding the most effective ways and approaches to business continuity is a frightening task.
Business continuity is the activity performed by an organization to ensure that critical business functions will be available to customers, suppliers, regulators, and other entities that must have access to those functions. It involves defined set of planning, preparatory and related activities which are intended to ensure that an organization's critical business functions will either continue to operate despite serious incidents or disasters that might otherwise have interrupted them, or will be recovered to an operational state within a reasonably short period.
Business Continuity includes three key elements
- Resilience: critical business functions and the supporting infrastructure are designed and engineered in such a way that they are materially unaffected by most disruptions, for example through the use of redundancy and spare capacity
- Recovery: arrangements are made to recover or restore critical and less critical business functions that fail for some reason.
- Contingency: the organization establishes a generalized capability and readiness to cope effectively with whatever major incidents and disasters occur, including those that were not, and perhaps could not, have been foreseen. Contingency preparations constitute a last-resort response if resilience and recovery arrangements should prove inadequate in practice.
- Better protection of data, hardware, software etc.
- Employees will be informed and rehearsed as to what actions to take to immediately start the recovery process and ensure business continuity if disaster strikes.
- Keeping insurance premium under control
- Boosting staff morale
- Gaining the market edge
Business continuity is that the activity performed by a corporation to make sure that important business functions are on the market to customers, suppliers, regulators, and different entities that has to have access to those functions. It involves outlined set of designing, preparative and connected activities that area unit supposed to make sure that an organization's important business functions can either still operate despite serious incidents or disasters that may otherwise have interrupted them, or are recovered to AN operational state at intervals a fairly short amount.